Monday, June 22, 2015

Anyone else feel burned out at times?

 
Photo by Bethany D. Schad showing what I'd rather be doing right now!



Do you ever feel burned out? I mean totally and completed done. That's how I'm feeling today and it's mostly because I'm being pulled in too many different directions. And most of those directions require my volunteering my time in one way or another. Sometimes, it behooves us to just say no. 

Anyone feel the same way? When bills are piling up and hours are winding down and everyone seems to need a piece of me, I just want to retreat and do nothing. I get super sensitive and snappy, reminiscent of my PMS days. I feel like I could cry at the slightest provocation, intended or not. Oh, and I feel fat.

Yeah, that's how I'm feeling right now and I just thought I'd share it. If I'm absent for a few days, it's just my need to catch up on some other things.

Stick around, okay? I'll be looking for you when I return.


3 comments:

  1. Now that I'm older I assert my right to say, "Enough is enough." On a given day I might say "no" to the housework, or the gardening, or even to writing. Somehow, it all gets done in the end. Hope you enjoyed your breather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. I'm thinking it's time to jump back in, but I'm doing it with a bit of hesitation.

      Delete
  2. OMGosh Yes! JUST SAY NO! It's ok.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog