Friday, August 29, 2014

IOTUT: The value of packing a waste-free lunch

I swear these weeks go way too fast. Here we are at Friday already. This is the last installment of Instead of This, Use This for the month. It's hard to believe that next week will be the first Friday of September, which means it will be another Vinegar Friday!

In the meantime, I thought it would be good to highlight one of my sponsors for The Big 5 Year Blogiversary Giveaway going on NOW. If you haven't entered yet, I assure you, you'll want to. The prize package, valued at over $500 is amazing, thanks to the 16 generous sponsors.

I'd never heard of Funkins until Lisa Baumgartner, Founder and CEO, contacted me from the company to let me know they'd like to offer a prize for my giveaway. I checked out the company and was really pleased with what I saw. With the start of the school year, packed lunches and wastefulness is on a lot of parents' minds. But how can you significantly cut down on disposables in your kiddo's lunch box? Cloth napkins are an obvious choice, but your 5th grader doesn't want to be made fun of because he's toting around one of Mom's fancy cloth napkins, right? Well, Funkins are the answer! 


 There are baseballs


and kitties.


Pirates


and owls.



There are even Funkins that will make your little ones 
(and maybe even you)
break out in song.

Do you want to build a snowman?


What can I say? These are adorable and the perfect way to cut down on school lunchtime waste, don't you think? 

Here's a quick video about the reasons why it's important to pack a waste-free lunch.





So, see how easy it is and how much of difference it makes? Instead of disposable products, pack your kids lunches with reusables like Funkins. That's being kind to the environment... and to your wallet. 

Presenting earth-friendly alternatives,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog