Monday, May 20, 2013

A vessel of kindness

Photo by Jani Ravas

Kindness. It goes a long way.

Today, as I sit at a local coffee shop, I smile as I observe the kindness people extend to strangers. Rushing to open a door for someone on crutches; complimenting someone on a brightly colored outfit; helping a mom struggling to carry a baby and a high chair. Random acts of kindness. It's not just a catch phrase. For some, it's a way of life.

Someone did something extraordinarily kind for me this past weekend. It was anonymous, so I cannot thank him/her, but it touched me deeply. And the thing is, we all have the power to change someone's day/week/month/year/LIFE. Sometimes it is through simple things, and other times it's a bigger deal. Sometimes it is with our words, and other times with our finances. 

However you approach the act of showing kindness, I encourage you to do more. We live in a world where people need both big and small gifts to help them along the journey. Be a vessel of change, one act of kindness at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog