Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Review It Wednesday -- It's a Re-Play!


Once again, my daughter, Bethany, is offering her opinion some more eco-friendly kid products that are BPA, PVC and phthalates-free!



 
What’s green, affordable and can be found at Walmart?  How about toddler plates, bowls, no-spill cups and utensils!  I was given a few sets to try out and let me tell you, they pass the toddler and mommy test! 


 

You can purchase them in some great colors; blue, green, yellow and pink.  I love the price points on these ranging from $2.99 to $6.99 which I think is very comparable to any other kid tableware out there.  

All the products are made from curbside collected plastic such a milk jugs.  It’s all BPA free and the packaging is also eco-made from recycled paperboard.  If you would need to toss it (can’t see that you ever would because this stuff is build TOUGH!) it can be recycled!  It’s made right here in the good old USA, so that makes me happy.  What makes me even happier is that it is dishwasher safe.  It’s great to be able to throw all of Lincoln’s dishes in the dishwasher along with the rest of our plates from dinner, making cleaning up a breeze.   

So here are some of the pros and cons I came up with after a few months of using them.

PROS
  • They stack well.  This is great because they make my otherwise messy looking cabinets clean and organized. 
  • The divided plate is great -- it’s deep so it holds a lot of food and makes it easy for Lincoln, who has been learning to use a fork and spoon.  It holds the food in while he’s stabbing and scooping away!
  • The spoon has a deep scoop and the fork is durable and has rounded tips for safety.  Again, great starting utensils for Lincoln who is just learning. 
  • Lincoln can be very tough at mealtime.  He’s a toddler and sometimes he bangs, throws, steps on and puts it through the ringer.  The plates are so strong!  His forks still have all their prongs and the cups aren’t cracked!  They pass the test!!

CONS

  • Lincoln has never been great at figuring out sippy cups and the No Spill Cup was no different.  However, when we take the valve out, it works great.  It will also work without the lid when he is older.
  • As great as the recycled plastic and colors are, I find that it looks just like his play plates, bowls and utensils, also made from recycled milk jugs.  I feel like this confuses him a bit when he is playing with his play kitchen.  It might just be me.  I would actually love to have these in black, brown or silver.  It would class up our dining room a bit! 

 
You can buy them here or check out the map to see if they carry them at your local Walmart.





2 comments:

  1. I saw these at Walmart too the other day and I was very interested in trying some. I wanted to look up online for reviews and see if it is worth the buy and I think I might try all their products. :) Thanks for sharing your review.Lovely baby too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adin. We have a lot of their products and they hold up quite well. I highly recommend them.

      Delete

Search This Blog