Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Angry Birds never looked this adorable!

Kids love to dress up ... and quite honestly, many adults never outgrow their desire to disguise themselves as someone else for an evening! I was contacted about a month ago and asked to do a review for Costume Discounters, an online costume shop that covers the gamut when it comes time to become your favorite fantasy character! Of course, I agreed.

My 3 1/2 year old granddaughter, Laura, was thrilled when I pulled out her new mermaid costume! Unfortunately, the toddler size 3-4 was a bit too big for her, which is why I don't have a picture of her in her long green "tail" and seashell headband.

Now, if you've been following the blog for long, you know I'm not a fan of Halloween and my family does not participate in it. However, that doesn't mean I'm against dressing up and having fun with the kids. That's why I couldn't wait to give Laura her costume, and I imagine she'll spend countless hours in it over the next couple of years. Like I said, it's a big large for her right now, so I'm betting she'll be able to wear it until she's 5 or so.

Quality-wise, the costume seems to be well-made, although the fabric is a bit rough. The Lil' Mermaid Costume I bought for Laura sells for $34.99, but is currently on sale for $24.97. I found the prices to be reasonable across the board, if your kids like to dress up to play. However, I wouldn't pay that much for a one-time event, but that's just me. I know a lot of you make your kids' costumes, but if you're looking to take a break from that, I highly recommend checking out Costume Discounters. And while you're at it, head over to their Facebook page where you can find special discounts for fans!

Of course, I'm not a fan of a lot of the costumes ... I don't like people dressing up like slashers, demons or sex fiends, but, for the most part, the infant and toddler line is awfully cute! I cannot fathom why any parent would dress up their baby to look like the devil, a vampire, or a witch, but if you're looking for some pretty sweet looking animal costumes, Costume Discounters has a whole slew. Lobsters and turkeys and bunnies, oh my! The babies and toddlers in the pictures are absolutely adorable!

Life can tough. Sometimes, escaping into a fantasy world is exactly what our kiddos need!

Reviewing it for you,

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog