Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Repost of Going Green -- a poem for Earth Day

Photo courtesy of Heather Desuta


Green to you
And green to me
Perhaps we see
Quite differently

Perhaps to you
Green’s kind of blue
A teal-ish kind of
Crayon stew

While green to me
Comes from my heart
Cloth grocery bags
Are just a start

Or light bulbs
In peculiar shapes
Or hanging up
Some thermal drapes

But when my green
Gets really sticky
Is when I wash
Cloth diapers – icky

I hang them up
On lines to dry
Save the earth?
I really try

Convenience
Is so passé
Recycle now
Don’t throw away

The landfills
Soon will overflow
With diapers, trash
And things that glow

With plastic bottles
Glass and cans
Old TVs
And broken fans

The time is now
To do our part
Let’s go for green
At least, let’s start


Hana Haatainen Caye
©2009
May not be reprinted without prior written consent.







3 comments:

  1. This was really cute. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carisa! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate your commenting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! Fantastic blog, we're very much enjoying the entries. It resonates well with us as we ourselves are going "green". Thoroughly appreciated

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog