Saturday, August 3, 2019

Gluten-free pancakes... they're simply delicious!

I love Saturdays. The laziness of the mornings is exactly what I need after a busy week. My husband and I sometimes head out for breakfast and stop at some garage sales. But often, we make breakfast together at home and enjoy it out on the patio. That's what we did today and the recipe we made is so good, I just had to share it with you.


Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes 

Ingredients

6 eggs
1 cup steel cut oats or instant oatmeal
1 cup cottage cheese
Cinnamon to taste (I use LOTS)
1 TBSP of chia seeds

Beat the eggs and cinnamon with a fork.


Add the cottage cheese.


Stir in the oats. I prefer instant oatmeal. I use the Simply Nature brand from Aldi's. They're organic and have flax in them, which makes these pancakes even healthier! 


Since 2 packets aren't quite a cup, I did add some steel cut oats as well. I use the organic ones from Trader Joes.


Finally, I throw in some chia seeds. 



In the meantime, my husband was heating up the griddle on our outdoor grill. He melted some Irish butter and poured the mixture into our silicone pancake mold. The end result was 21 ridiculously delicious pancakes, 11 of which we ate (his with maple syrup, mine without). Now I have 10 leftover to heat up for breakfast before work this week. And that makes me happy!





So that's what I made for our Saturday breakfast today. Then I threw some pork chops and onions into the crock pot for dinner. Think it's about time for me to go eat again. 

Ahhhh... Saturdays. Aren't they the best?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog