Friday, February 3, 2017

It's Vinegar Friday! Today we're serving up a fruity vinegar drink

TGVIF!

Today, we're talking health for the entire family with guest blogger Shelly McGraw.

Fruity Vinegar Drink
  

There are numerous health benefits to adding apple cider vinegar to your diet. It can help lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, improve “gut” health, and even help with weight loss by improving your metabolism over time.

However, if you’re like me and struggle to get it down (even when heavily diluted by water) there is hope!

Not only did I want to figure out a way to add it to my diet but I wanted to start introducing apple cider vinegar to my three daughters as well.

So, after trying different combinations of ingredients, I came up with a quick and easy fruity vinegar drink that my family absolutely loves!

Here are the ingredients you’ll need: 
  • 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar with the “mother” still in it. (I prefer the brand “bragg”)
  • 3-4 large organic strawberries chopped into small pieces
  • 1 cup organic orange juice
  • ½ cup of organic cranberry apple juice or organic grape juice
  • A few pieces of ice
  • 1 12oz jar or glass

Makes 12oz. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. It’s even sweeter the next day!

I start with a 12oz jar.


 Next, I fill the bottom of the jar with a few pieces of ice.



I cut up 3-4 large organic strawberries into small pieces and add those on top.


Then, I add 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the “mother” still in it.


I then add 1 cup of orange juice.

Finally, I fill the remainder of the jar with ½ cup of organic fruit juice. Use cranberry apple juice for a slightly stronger taste or grape juice for a sweeter taste. Both are delicious!

Stir and enjoy!

Left is grape, right is cranberry apple.

You now have a refreshing drink that’s super easy to make and is packed with vitamin C, antioxidants, and apple cider vinegar!

Here are a few serving suggestions:
  • Drink whole jar as your fruit serving in the place of fresh fruit for that day. (I only recommend doing this once a week at the most.)
  • Make multiple batches and serve to your friends and family for a hot summer day treat.
  • Drink 1/3 or 1/4 of the jar with a meal as your fruit serving.
  • Take a sip each morning to help fight a cold.


I normally make this drink for my family about 2-3 times a month.

Good health doesn’t change overnight. Be patient and consistent with good nutrition and your body will gradually improve from the inside out.

Do you have a favorite way to drink apple cider vinegar? My family and I would love to try your recipe! 

***

A little bit about me:

I’m a wife of a great guy and a mom of 3 beautiful daughters and a handsome beagle named Rusty. I love God and I love people. For more about who I am, visit my blog called Lessons of Grace and Wisdom.

Blog:
Lessons of Grace and Wisdom
www.shellymcgraw.com

Social Media:
Facebook: @shellymcgrawministries
Twitter: @shellymcgraw
Instagram: @shellymcgraw
Pinterest: Shelly McGraw

Email:

shellymcgraw.ministries@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog