Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The quotable Dr. Seuss

It's Dr. Seuss Day. Doesn't that make you happy? 

I love Dr. Seuss. I especially enjoy reading his books to children. FOX IN SOCKS is probably my favorite for reading out loud, although my parrot, Morgan, used to love when I read GREEN EGGS AND HAM to him. He would get so excited when I'd walk into the room carrying that book! He'd let out a couple of screeches, a woo hoo or two, and he'd bob up and down on his perch. 

This was in the days before I had grandchildren to entertain! And it was good training for my career as a voice-over talent narrating children's books.**

Like most people, I have favorite Dr. Seuss quotes, too. Here are some of them:

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.

Today I will behave as if this is the day I will be remembered.

The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Why fit in when you're born to stand out?

You're on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where to go.

Dr. Seuss entertained children and inspired adults. You can find inspiration in nearly every one of his books. It's there if you look. Sometimes it's subtle; other times it hits you over the head. But always, Dr. Seuss encourages us to be better people. And for that, I am grateful. 

What about you? What's your favorite Dr. Seuss quote?




**You can hear my narrations on the iStoryBooks app. I'm the voice of Maya Ray. I've also written 90 books for them and am currently under another 10 book contract. These are electronic books your children are sure to love and include a retelling of fairy tales and fables from long ago, non-fiction educational books, biographies, and my popular Lincoln and Laura series of books based on my first two grandchildren. My newest grandchild, Luna, will be introduced this year and my other two will be featured in their own Marley and Robyn series of books.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog