Friday, December 4, 2015

The last Vinegar Friday of the year... for ladies only

TGIVF!

Well, here it is, the final Vinegar Friday of 2015. I still can't believe how fast this year has gone, but I won't belabor that point again.

I'm thinking of coming out with a revised edition of my book and making it available as an ebook, but I'd love to know if that would be of interest to anyone. I'd love it if you'd let me know in the comments below. Do you think having an electronic version of VINEGAR FRIDAYS would be helpful? Would you like to see a revised version with new tips and recipes? That just might be a project for the new year.



But for now, let's end this year with a good ol' vinegar tip to help improve your life in a non-toxic way. And we're going to get really personal here.

With the colder weather, I tend to take a lot of hot baths. In the past, before I knew about living a cleaner, greener life, those baths led to constant vaginal infections, most likely due to the crap I was bathing in (Calgon's "Take me away" slogan took me directly to the doctor more times than I can count). It seems like I was always taking Diflucan to treat my vaginal yeast infections. The other day, I realized I haven't had vaginitis in a really long time. Why? Most likely it's because I now bath in vinegar. Yep. When I'm not dumping Epsom salts into the bath water, I'm pouring apple cider vinegar in instead. If you find yourself dealing with vaginitis, I recommend adding 2 to 3 cups of ACV to a hot bath and soaking for 20 minutes or so. Spread out your legs a bit to allow the vinegar water to make its way into your vagina (I told you this was going to get personal!). 

Here's the reason this works (although I'm not a doctor or a scientist... I just find this has worked for me). The vinegar will help restore the acidity in your vagina, which will kill off candida, gardnerella, and trichomonas. The result? No more itchy, smelly, yuckies down there. 

You're welcome.

Oh, and an added bonus -- ACV baths help soothe aches and pains and they draw excess uric acid from the body (this helps prevent gout attacks). 

Happy soaking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog