Thursday, July 31, 2014

Onward in the battle... we do it for the children

Image by Petr Kratochvil
Trying to live a toxin-free life here in the US is not easy. Toxic chemical pollution is a major issue here, with companies dumping toxins into the environment at alarming rates. From plastics to detergents, paints to pesticides, medications to cosmetics... the manufacturing industries are striving to make life better for us, yet are poisoning us at the same time.

Dioxins, pesticides, flame retardants, and perfluorochemicals are just a few of the biggest offenders. While the government does its part to regulate the disposal of these toxins, let's face facts -- money talks and it often talks louder than common sense and safety. That's why we have to be informed and aware, and we have to make our voices heard. It is our responsibility to do whatever we can to ensure a safe future for our children.

For me, it's burdensome to continually be the bearer of bad news. Some days, I'd just like to bury my head in the sand and stop this influx of information being sent my way. But then I think about those beautiful grandbabies of mine and I realize ignorance is not bliss. Not when it means risking their health and their future. 

So I'll keep at it. I'll keep learning and sharing and hoping and praying. I only hope that you will feel the need to participate in this movement toward a better future with less toxins. 

Marching onward,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog