Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Review It Wednesday

Disclaimer: Leaf & Bud Naturals
provided this product
for my review at no cost
Welcome to a new feature on the blog -- Review It Wednesdays.

Today I want to give two thumbs up to a product that was sent to me last month by Leaf & Bud Naturals. Without knowing how I feel about massage oils, Allin and Trina sent me a massage bar that offered the remedy I have been waiting for. You see, I love massages. What I don't love is the messiness of massage oils. I mean...yuck!

The perfect solution? An all natural massage bar that is free of any chemical preservatives. Leaf & Bud Naturals carries a whole line of natural and organic therapy and treatment products, including the Relief Massage Bar designed to offer penetrating relief for sore, achy muscles. And guess what? It works.

About a week before Christmas, I started having pain in my lower back that was indicative of sciatica. I suffered through the pain for a few days and then one night, I decided to give the massage bar a try. I warmed the bar in my hands until it started to melt and then rubbed the healing lotion up and down along the sciatic nerve. Within minutes, literally, the pain started to subside. I repeated this a couple times a day for a few days until the pain disappeared completely. Was it a coincidence? I really don't know. All I know is that the pain was gone and I didn't have to take pain killers or use anything toxic to give me relief.

Relief. That's the name of the massage bar I used -- Kali Spice Relief Massage Bar. A product of Canada, it comes from a company called Mountain Sky and is made from all natural ingredients:
  • Theobroma Cocoa Butter
  • Butyspermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
  • Beeswax
  • Camphor
  • Cinnamomum Zelanicum Oil
  • Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil
  • Mentha Pepperita (Peppermint) Oil
  • Eucalyptus Globulus Oil
  • Steric Acid
The essential oils are released as they are heated by your body's own temperature. The smell is delicious and there is absolutely no greasy, oily mess. I love this product! Really. I do.

My cats even purr out their approval. If you have a cat, you know how they react to perfumey scents -- they run away as quickly as they can. However, mine seem to like the scent of the Relief Massage Bar. They even let me rub the foil wrapper, which is infused with the smell from the butter and essential oils, all over their fur. So, how much more of an endorsement do you need?

And the massage bar is not just for the relief of aches and pains! It is perfect for moisturizing dry and chapped skin. It is also ideal for adding a touch of romance to your marriage. With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, this is a mighty fine gift idea for the love of your life. Of course, you will have to throw in a massage along with it!

You can buy the bar separately on the website for $5.50 (plus S&H) or as part of a gift set, coupled with a bar of Kali Spice Soap for $11.50. Or, if you are going to go with my Valentine's Day gift suggestion, you might want to check out the other massage bars on Leaf & Bud Naturals' site: Lavander Bliss (relaxing and refreshing) or Desire, Wild Rose (stimulating, soothing, romantic).

So that's it for this first Review It Wednesday. Two thumbs up for the Kali Spice Relief Massage Bar. You can't do any better than that! And you can't shop for it on a better site than Leaf & Bud Naturals. Tell them Green Grandma sent you!

Keeping it green,

Hana

2 comments:

  1. I love Leaf and Bud... And I'm certain they truly love their customers.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog