Thursday, June 18, 2015

Anatomy of a Grammar Nerd -- Do you fit the bill?

I admit it: I'm a grammar nerd. However, I also have to confess that I rarely proofread my posts. I'm just always so busy with my "real" job as a writer, editor, speaker, and voice-over talent with my company, Speechless, that I just don't take the time. Most of the time, that works for me, but you will occasionally find a glaring error or two. Believe me when I say, they're simply typos. I came by my grammar nerdiness honestly. My father, who was fluent in seven languages, could not tolerate grammatical, spelling, or typographical errors. He would make copies of letters he'd receive, typed by secretaries, circle the errors in red, and mail them back to the bosses. Ouch! He'd be appalled that I'm sending my work out there to the public without going through it carefully with a fine-toothed editor's comb. Yes, well... it is what it is. Grammarly.com sent me this cool infographic and asked me to share it with my readers. I hope you enjoy it. And 'fess up. Let me know in the comments below, on a scale of 1-5 (least to most), where you fit in as a grammar nerd.

Anatomy of a Grammar Nerd Infographic

2 comments:

Search This Blog